A bit of a misleading title, sorry: I won’t advise YOU on this, I need some advise FROM YOU, the die hards, the old timers, the veterans, the experts, the wizards. This is the very first time I will go to Lotusphere, I’m the virgin, the newbie, the absolute beginner here.
I registered very late, yesterday, and booked my flight and hotel today. I will stay at a Radisson Sas hotel about 1,5 miles from Disney.
Being a new-bee ;-), I ask some help from you. I know, I can dig the web myself, but with so many sheep, eh, info, and so little time, I need a quick start, some guidelines. Some questions:
- What events are not-to-be-missed?
- How to start?
- Are all conferences close to eachother?
- Should I really plan some schedule in advance?
- Who will also attend?
- What non-conference things are also must-sees or must-have-dones overthere?
- Any other belgians out there?
- How do people recognize and find eachother in that chaos?
- Any dangers/warnings? Terrorists Against IBM Association?
- A million questions I forgot to ask.
Oh, and if you recognize me overthere, don’t be shy, just stop me, I’m always ready for a little conversation!