Wouldn’t it be cool to have this in your mailbox?
Our local admin asked me if this is doable, and I thought it was a brillant idea and a very practical example on how to use this tip: A progress bar in Lotus Notes
It’s an indicator that, eh, indicates how much space you’ve used from your mail database size quotum.
It conditionally displays an image of the total and used space:
- A green bar for used space less than 80%
- A red bar for 80-100% (and up)
- No bar if no quotum exists (you lucky bastard :-)).
How to implement?
From a designer’s perspective, you need to know if you want it for yourself only (and prohibit design refresh) or for the whole company (do the adjustments in the mailfile template). Obviously, you should first test in your own mailfile.
These are the implementation steps:
- Copy form DbSize from the Mail Database Size Indicator Demo database (what a name :-)) and paste it in your mailbox template.
- (At least for version 6.5 of Notes) Change frameset MailFS Left by adding an extra frame with height=40px (width=relative 1).
- If you want to use other colors, styles or criteria, change the form and the PostOpen script, this is just an example usage.
Play around with it and let me know if you have ideas to expand this…